Tuesday, August 21, 2007

One Deep Breath & Here We Go

Well I have hummed & ahhed for many a month about doing this. I know it is not a big step for you experienced blogger's posting your thoughts & lifestyles on the web...however for an immigrant from England it is a huge step flashing myself on the worldwide web. Gulp.

Interesting day today. Just shipped my mum & 11 year old nephew back to England & now waiting for my next arrival sister in law (SIS) & 12 year old niece to arrive from the homeland. During the 12 hour changeover period my washer has gone on the blink... leaving me with loads of grubby bedding etc. However the good news is that the SIS flight has been delayed giving me time to bash the sheets on the rocks by the lake just like the original pioneers. A bit worried that she may not make it here in time to babysit my 3 kids tomorrow whilst I work which opens up another issue.

Our faithful dog Hamlet, but more commonly known as Hammy died last Fall so I have been on the look out for a new dog. I went to our local Humane Society & wanted to bring them all home. In fact there was such a choice that I could not make a decision & my 11 year old persuaded me to get a kitten. I do like kittens however I did want a dog. Now I do have a chipmunk issue, (they are always eating my seedlings) so the thought of a kitten that would grow into a ferocious chipmunk chaser was very tempting. In fact too tempting as I brought one little fluffy tabby kitten home. It was going to be called Emma...( I have always wanted a 4th child .. my husband cut me off at 3...meanie) On checking underneath his tushkie....he was a boy. It was to late to exchange him so with great disappointment I let the kids have free rein on his name & we ended up with Mittens. Sacre Bleu.

No comments: