I hate baseball...yes I know hate is a bad word in USA, the lord only knows why!
Yet to say the "f" word for toot is the norm...please! Are there no standards??
I digress, so back to baseball. I am a good mum I let my child play and I have many questions for the organisers of this sport.
1. Why is it necessary to give a 9 year old written homework for baseball when he already has homework from school?
2. Why is it necessary to play at least three times a week for at least 2 1/2 hours each time?
3. Why do coaches slip in an extra practise giving parents 24-48 hours notice & demand that if the child cannot attend he sits on the bench for the next game?
4. Why is a child who is late made to sit on the bench?
5. Then there are the parades & home derby's to attend.
6. The photo sessions which are bedlam with hundreds of kids aged 5-15 all rigged up in these silly outfits that are so desperately ready for an update.
7. Do any children eat a decent meal during baseball season? I guess McDonald's make a killing!
8. How many parents pull the uniform out of the wash & the kids have to wear it dirty as there is no "breather" to throw a washer load on?
I know this is an American tradition & I do not want to insult anyone however...
I hate Baseball!
Now I feel better!