Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yorkshire


The photo's are of Pateley Bridge in Yorkshire.

They have the best old fashioned sweet shop that sells all the old favourites..Kop Kops, cherry lips, Pear Drops, Black Jacks, cola cubes, sherbet lemons & strawberries etc etc They serve them by the quarter in paper bags just like when we were young. Needless to say I reminisced a little too much and dropped $10.00. I asked the owner why they do not sell sweets like this anymore and she said it is too labour intensive and expensive...too bad.

Good news I now am the proud owner of 38 bars of Cadburys Chocolate, of course customs opened our case........

9 comments:

Janice (aka HRH, Mme. L) said...

and you have no intention of sharing them with anyone, do you?

Daffodilly said...

How dare you slur my good name!


However you are soooo right!!!

Expat mum said...

Ooh, Black Jacks. No wonder I had so many fillings as a kid!

Janet said...

You're not going to eat all those, are you?

Lovely pics from Pately Bridge.

Daffodilly said...

I will... with a few helping hands! I reckon they will last 4 weeks. Not that I have any problems with chocolate really!

Daffodilly said...

DO you remember Mojos too? Hmm yummy!

Unknown said...

OMG now that's just downright greedy!

C'mon there are expat Brit's drooling and crying out here!

Daffodilly said...

Yes it certainly is!

Daffodilly said...

Yes it certainly is!