Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Royal Wedding.

Now I have never been a royal follower however I guess I am in a nostalgic mood.

Since the TV are force feeding the Royal Family on an hourly basis I guess it has caught my eye.

Memories from my childhood & Diana's wedding with the scrapbooks, street parties etc are all flooding back into my mind. For some reason I feel an urge to ensure that my children see the wedding as it is part of their heritage!

I was going to throw a party but after having English friends over for 5 days...too much drink & chatting late into the night I do not have the energy.

So tomorrow William & Kate I will get up at 5am and toast you with my mimosa's, scones & bagels. Along with my sleepy & most probably grumpy children all for a little heritage!  My neighbour will probably join me and we will be in our PJ"S!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be doing the same my friend - enjoy!

AliBlahBlah said...

That's exactly how I felt - in fact the closer it got to the big day, the more I felt I needed the girls to have a 'proper memory' of it. I didn't wake them up at 3am, but I'm still a bit surprised that I felt the need to get up that early. I told myself I just needed to see the hats.....