We have had guests for the past 10 weeks with a few days off in between to change & wash bedding & stock up on food.
Needless to say my English accent has strengthened significantly & some of my old words are back in use. Here are a few of my faves:
1. A tosser: a person who has annoyed you & you do not want to swear in front of your kids!
2. Brilliant...I'm not sure why I have stopped using that word...no I do not use awesome yet!
3. Gym Bunny: a lady who spends lots of time at the gym & is generally high maintenance.
4. Knackered: meaning tired yet not used in NH so people just smile when you use it as they are unsure of what you have said. It gives you a smug feeling...naughty Daffodilly!
5. "Ow do?" slang for how are you.
6. Chaffer: someone who has no standards....not me!
I'm sure some more will come into my tiny memory...so watch this space!