- Golden and red leaves brighten up the day.
- Great time to go for a walk and wear a cosy fleece, stuff your hands in your pockets & march briskly as you try & hold out for putting hats & gloves on until November...you have to be hardy to live in NH!
- Washing liine drying days are getting fewer and further apart.
- Chipmunks are on overdrive as you hear a constant thud of acorns falling from the trees as they prepare for the winter.
- Pulling out all the hats, coats & winter woollies....gives mixed feelings.
- Putting the garden to bed & layering it with manure that your gorgeous white lab decides she loves to roll in!
- Making homemade soups and stews......hello I'm Delia Smith/Marth Stewart!
- Closing the curtains at night to shut out Jack Frost.
- Testing the generator just incase we need it! We always do!
- Get the cars snow tyres fitted.
- Bring in all the kids clutter from the garden.
It is almost like hibernating as you set yourself up with knitting projects, grab a stash of books and batteries for the torches.
As we await the arrival of winter............BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!