Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I want to live by the ocean.

This weekend was a long one called Labor Day Weekend..in honour of all the workers in USA.

We headed off to the ocean for 3 nights to chill & celebrate/commiserate that the end of summer was here.

When I am at the ocean I just melt. I can spend hours walking the beaches watching the waves rolling around and of course eyeing up the odd surfboarder!

I guess I am at that age..I call it looking for firm flesh!

Anyway I must not diverse..back to my crashing waves..... supposedly Hurricane Earl was due to hit the East coast & I have to admit I was a little ticked off. The only weekend we went away in the whole summer & a friggin hurricane was due! You got to be kidding me!

You have to understand that this years summer has been outstanding. The heat arrived in May & has been consistent & still is at around 80 degrees. We have been swimming in the lake for 5 months...unheard of! It has been heavenly!

Anyway we drove to Maine in the rain.....which was OK as we needed it. The next day we awoke expecting rain and hurricane winds...oh no. Beautiful blue skies, 80 degrees weather & the beach was a calling me!

Thank you Mother Nature.

Ahh the ocean just oozes energy to me, which I lap up. The way that it sparkles, changing from all shades of blue from aquamarine to cobalt all in one wave still astounds me.

The smell of the ocean and the seaweed boosts my energy reserves to no end.

Hearing the seagulls crying overhead and listening to the waves crashing and heading back to sea is just so invigorating.

So I return to NH full of energy & life.

Oh yes I exercised tonight after working and doing the sports pick up runs....I can fit it in! Molly still had her walk.

NO wine tonight.....eating healthy & cutting down on the booze.

Let's see how long this lasts!

1 comment:

Expat mum said...

You're singing my song. I was brought up on the northeast coast line (of England) and the salt is in my blood. Imagine me stuck in the fresh waters of the Great Lakes here. It's killing me. Like a selkie, I will make my way back to the sea if it kills me.
And my word verification is "sesail". Seriously?