Sunday, September 26, 2010

Change.

This morning I sat out on the deck sipping my hot frothy latte, in my pyjama's. It was so hot that I almost whipped my top off. Then I remembered that my mother in law & her bboyfriend were staying! I did not want to send them into a cardiac arrest! Well not yet anyway! (Naughty Daffodilly!)

I watched a tiny red maple leaf float down to the ground and wondered how that would feel. Then I heard the geese honking as they flew overhead.....my hummingbirds have left so we know what is coming next!

Ahhh! Its a bittersweet feeling. I love the summer and adore the fall & I do enjoy the winter however it is just so long.

September is always a time of change weatherwise, getting back into school, sports activities every night, remembering how to prepare ahead something for dinner so we are not going to bed as soon as we have eaten. Its good, really it is!

I even have my knitting needles out....starting off the new season very intrepidly...a scarf....so as not to get discouraged as I still have my fingerless gloves on a needle waiting for some advice!

We are off to the White Mountains for the day to go "leaf peeping." Even the TV show where the leaves are peeking on a map just like the weather.

Hopefully I will find my camera cord soon so I can share the build up of photo's that I have waiting!

1 comment:

AliBlahBlah said...

Hello stranger! So glad you're having an Indian summer. Good luck with scarf. I know you have a long winter but at least you get to wear you knitwear - not much chance here!