Monday, October 25, 2010

Grey day.

This is a challenging time of year in NH. At the moment it is grey, windy, damp & cold. It seems to mirror my mood which has gone down hill rapidly.

I guess that the weather does that to me. The damp feels like it is getting into my bones even with my thermals and fleecy layers on. I walk the dog all crouched over in the dark in the morning praying that I do not bump into a moose or a bear in the woods. Meanwhile trying to balance a torch and an umbrella....its horrid!

Work has gotten quieter & as I welcome the slower pace of life I struggle to embrace it as I am so used to be being pushed to the last minute.

The children's sports have nearly ended yet the indoor soccer & basketball are kicking in early.

Sometimes I do wonder where the excitement and fun has gone in life. Do not get me wrong I love the thrill of watching them play sports and organising sleepovers and play dates yet I realise that there is very little adult only time. I wonder if it is the ages of the children as they need lifts everywhere or is it that we have become very American and run our lives around them? The English always put the adults needs first.

Which is the best method?

I'm off to munch some Cadburys & have a hot cup of tea maybe that will cheer me up! Of course I could always move to Hawaii or California and soak up some rays!

No comments: