Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Is it really only a week to go to Christmas?

I have to admit that this year's Christmas preparation is a go slow one for me.

For some reason it is way too much work! Why do we do all of this really? Tradition?

Yes it is fun. Do the people that we do it for appreciate us? I do not think so.

I have noticed that we are not receiving many Christmas cards this year ..I wonder if people are cutting back? Mind you I still have not managed to take a decent photo of the brats as they are not very obliging at present so there is no card on our horizon. Maybe we have been dropped off peoples lists?

I am desperatelyy trying to keep the excitement for my youngest going strong as his siblings who are 12 & 14 are not so into the spirit. We are off to see "The Nutcracker" this weekend and hopefully find a nice Santa's knee to sit on. Then make a gingerbread house complete with much finger licking & munching of leftover candies.

Then next week maybe we will have a baking spree.

Sometimes it is all such over indulgence I wonder why we do it. Is it so we can all make New Years resolutions to loose weight as we have over indulged too much?

Oh well I need to do some more shopping online...one disadvantage of living in the boonies!

Hopefully you are all in a better state of mind than I.

No comments: