Friday, December 31, 2010

A Moment.

I had a quick analysis of "what the heck is going on with you Daffodilly yesterday."

I have not enjoyed this Christmas as it was a huge lump of stress. Even having a few days off work have not relieved it as it seems that the kids are constantly bickering. It is nice not to have the run around of sports and playdate activities though. I know this blog is turning into a moan & groan one so sorry.

Thank you Lakeland Jo for the kick up the booty as I have nothing to moan about compared to what you have been through.

Yesterday we went ski ing. More stress from trying to enter the ski mountain... they were full at 11.20am! We tried to park elsewhere..no luck. Everywhere was full even nearby hotels! We had 3 cars be between us & another family plus ski gear/food etc for 8 people....alot of carrying stuff! We eventually pulled a shovel out of our car & dug 3 spaces out of a snow pile to park the cars! Smart or what?

You have to realise that we had travelled 1 3/4 hours to this ski resort & we were determined to ski! Plus the usual complaints & whining from the teenagers! The malnutrition moments, they are tired etc etc.

Well we got onto the slopes and towards 4pm on our last run I had a "moment."

Ahhh my "Moment."

The sun was starting to set over the mountains & the sky blue pink sky was bouncing off the top of the peaks. It was breath takingingly gorgeous. The fresh air was all lit up in this pinky haze and of course the peace & quiet just completed the "moment."

I had to stop just to watch and then I had this feeling of calm & contentment...I'd forgotten what it was like.

I could almost feel my mum peeking out from the sky saying "hang on in there Daffodilly, let it all go."

So I did.

I realised that I spend too much time doing for others & not stepping back to let others assist me once in a while. Hence I am constantly on the go full throttle forward.

I now know that I need to spend some time every day with nature & appreciate how beautiful it is where I live as it really boosts your spirit. I need to ignore the bitter cold & find something positive that can rekindle my spirit.

Over Christmas I did not come up for air. The only memorable day was the one that I spent making homemade granola, washing detergent & chocolate pretzels. I need to step back to the more natural way of life, which is quite easily done living here in the boonies.

The big one is I am going to learn to say no to all the parents that need kid care.....and call me the sucker!

Moving on... as I am going to keep my "moment" alive.

This year let all your moans & groans out and enjoy life.

"Live for the moment" is the thought for 2011.

May you all have a great New Year with oodles of good health and low credit card bills!

No comments: