A happy belated Thanksgiving people and may it have been as relaxing & enjoyable as ours was.
Well number 1 who is now 12 years old has tipped me over the edge when it comes to washing. In her defense I have to admit that laundry is my thing.
I run a washer load every day and still do the English ironing thing. It can be said that my house may be a mess, and the fridge empty but there are always clean clothes in my house! However I digress.
Over the past 6 months I have nagged my darling daughter to death regarding putting her laundry in the basket or just to put the clean stuff away & not let it mate with the dirty undies on the floor! Here are a few examples of our conversations:
1. "Please remove the filthy cross country or basketball clothes from under your bed & put them in the washing basket."
2. "It smells in here bring out the muckiest!"
3. "Do you know I found 6 pairs of dirty knickers under your bed when I cleared it out!"
4. "Please put the clean clothes away." (multiply by 5 hundred million times.)
5. "My god these socks could walk to the laundry basket they are so filthy!"
6. "Oh you needed those jeans...try looking under the mountain of clothes & papers in that corner as they have been reported missing in action!"
7. "Please bring out your dirty clothes." ( multiplied by 20 million, billion times.)
I threatened the "you will have to do your own laundry" for over 6 months.
I even bought her own personal laundry system, one basket for clean & one for the dirties.
They both had no impact & dismally failed.
Alas, I had to admit defeat and hand the power of doing her laundry over to her.
I do love her dearly but I did have to chuckle yesterday.
I remind her once a week "don't forget to do your laundry as it quickly builds up."
She decided yesterday (as it had been a whole two weeks) that she would run the washer.
The reason...... she was out of undies, yes even the bikini bottoms had been worn!
She had to borrow a pair of mine!
Now even though I am only a petite woman surprisingly my bottom is not the same size as a young athletic 12 year olds buttocks especially after having 3 babies.... therefore baggy was an understatement.
I wonder if she will try & keep up with at least a weekly wash?
Good luck poppet, love you lots!