Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Day!

Well today is a biggie in the US...voting day.

I am a citizen and so I get the chance to say who the next President will be. I bravely marched off to the polls to colour my ballot paper in. Of course as soon as I open my mouth and my accent pops out all the volunteers look at me warily...is she an illegal immigrant??

After spelling my name numerous times they find me and shuffle me off into a little circus tent...red & white stripes! An elderly gentleman opened my tent flap for me..bless him.

I colour my paper in and to my surprise you do not just vote for the president but numerous other people too. Selectmen, cleaners the tea lady the list goes on...slight exaggeration there! I feed my paper to the machine and bang I'm done.

No more telephone calls, millions of trash mail flyers thank the lord!

Lets hope that the right chap wins!

1 comment:

Expat mum said...

We even had to vote for a Constutional amendment (or not). Far too much to have to concentrate on in one go.