Friday, September 12, 2008

"K" soccer

Well 6 sheds lived thank goodness for Sir L who is a great DIY chappie. Thank you for all of your kind comments.

Onto todays subject......I very bravely volunteered to be a Kindergarten coach for soccer this season thinking as I work with young children it should not be too difficult!

Boy was I wrong! I was a physical wreck after 45 mins and had to go home for a large glass of Pinot Grigio!

It does not help that my number 3 was on my team. He is strong willed and will do anything to get my attention!

At one stage he was running around the pitch with a ball up his t-shirt, this instantly became popular with the other boys & before I knew it they were "fat belly fighting!

Then he pinched a little girls bottom & she refused to play, so he had to sit out for a few minutes. Of course after that he would not come and join in.

Followed by the kids that after 2 mins they were done and wanted to pick grass.

I have never felt so drained of patience and energy.

Do not get me wrong there were some cute and funny moments too.

"What do you like the best about soccer?" I asked.

"I like dance", "I like swimming" and "I like candy." Now you can see what I am dealing with?

Over all it was fun and hopefully number 3 will behave as there is nothing more embarrassing than your own child being naughty in front of all the other parents!

For anyone who has never coached & wants to loose a little weight quickly I highly recommend it!

4 comments:

Almost American said...

DH has a phrase for it - "Like herding cats."

I signed DD up for soccer when she was in kindergarten. I never actually apologized to the volunteer coach, but I should have done. She spent large quantities of time lying down claiming she was tired, and when she wasn't doing that she was sitting on his foot clinging on to his leg. Soccer is definitely not her thing.

Janet said...

I could do with losing some weight, but I think I would rather chew my leg off than do this. :-)

I'm glad to hear that 6 sheds didn't suffer too much damage.

AliBlahBlah said...

I can't wait for my daughter to start playing soccer/football. I love that it's such a unisex sport for kids over here. Although, my friend's husband just signed up as a coach for his daughter's AYSO team and he says it's a full time, so I'm being careful what I wish for!

Expat mum said...

I think the biggest challenge is getting them all to "look up" and face the same direction!