Here are some questions passed on to me by Almost American:
1. Do you think you are a different person here than you would have been if you'd stayed in the UK?
Definitely. I would have worked full time and struggled by being a mother and full time worker. I could not work with my first baby due to visa issues and it took forever to find a job as I am in a very rural area. Unless I want to work in a shop or ski resort there are very few decent well paying jobs around here. In the UK I would have followed a career.
2. If you could live in any other country in the world for a year (assuming there is magically no language barrier, let alone employment or visa issues) which country would you choose and why?
This would be a toss up between France (as we did live there for 6 months and loved it), or Australia as that was always our ultimate goal, however after visiting Australia I found that it was a mix of England and America. So I guess France!
3. What American traditions have you adopted that you never would have imagined being part of your life?
Oh I just love July 4th as I adore fireworks this is probably as my parents never let us have them for safety reasons. Also Thanksgiving day as it is always a restful family day and they are few & far between.
4. What, other than chocolate, do you miss most about the UK?
My family as I just love watching the cousins all blend together as if they have known each other forever. Food wise: bacon wheat crunchies, tea bags, lattes with chocolate on & not cinnamon, granary bread, scones and a good curry or ploughmans lunch.
The English sense of humour as sometimes people do not understand my sarcasm or opinions over here
5. What would your ideal vacation be?
It would be a very long European style one. Starting with a week in a gite in the south of France, onto Portugal, a quick cruise around the Mediterranean. Followed by 2 weeks in Fiji & New Zealand.
Of course it would be with my family and all cost free!
If you would like me to send you 5 question please drop me a comment!