Monday, November 12, 2007

Foreign Foods

I took number 2 child shopping for winter boots today. As a treat we went to a Thai restaurant and ordered a Poo Poo platter. It came with the usual crab rangoon's, spring rolls & other fried stuff......one of which was fried tofu.

Personally I detest tofu as the texture makes my knees tremble! Number 2 had never had eaten it before so not wanting to ruin his appetite I let him be the guinea pig & sample the big T. He had a bite and said "Emmm." I asked him what it tasted like... his response " like fried chicken fat!"

That just about sums it up for me too!

2 comments:

AliBlahBlah said...

For me if cellulite had a taste and/or texture it would be tofu. Bleurgh. My 2 year old daughter will happily fish it out of my miso soup though. I suppose that's what happens if she's brought up on nothing more exciting than goldfish and baby yogurts!

Daffodilly said...

When mine were 2 years old they thought that Craisins were candy! Now they are older & somewhat wiser they do not like them!
Those Stonyfield baby yogurts are the best!