Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lavender Oil

Well last night was not too bad however I was still up with my little barking seal 3 times. I did try a new treatment last night out of sheer desperation as I could not face going back into the shower!

I read an article that if you massage the child's feet with lavender oil it helps them relax, therefore they do not cough as much which then should lead to a peaceful nights sleep.

I used some baby oil with lavender in & massaged his little feet & yo & behold the coughing stopped! Apparently the smell & the massage is the trick so no more steroid treatments for my little munchkin anymore!

1 comment:

AliBlahBlah said...

Thanks for the tip - I could have used it two weeks ago when my daughter was up all night coughing. It's so hard to keep the air humid enough out here. I think it's a crack-up that we own a humidifier and my Mum and Dad back in Yorkshire use their de-humidifier every day!!